Our hearts are full thanks to the 137 donors gave through the Amplify Austin platform– a full $13,128 for our young leaders. On top of that, our outside donations and matches means we met our $15,000 goal! What an incredible community we have.
Because of you we reached our Amplify Austin goal to support the journeys of 33 high-school youth this season as they learn and grow together.
Thank you for believing in the power of young leaders working to nourish the community!
Urban Roots is ready for 24 hours of giving with Amplify Austin, happening March 2nd – 3rd! We need your help to raise $15,000 to empower youth and nourish the community.
You don’t have to wait! Two things you can do RIGHT NOW:
- Schedule your donation today by clicking here.
- Become an Individual Fundraiser for Urban Roots with a personal fundraising page– you set the goal, you get the word out, and you become a champion for the youth and community that Urban Roots serves. It’s so easy! Create your fundraising page on the Amplify Austin website today, and use it to help your friends give back to a cause you’re passionate about. For specific instructions, see below.
To show our thanks, every Individual Fundraiser who raises any funds at all will be entered into a drawing to win 2 seats to our exclusive Tour de Farm gala in April!
Create your Individual Fundraiser profile:
2. Scroll to the bottom and click the “Create a Fundraising Campaign” button.
3. Create a Donor Account to easily track your donations and manage your fundraising pages.
4. Click on the tab My Fundraisers to create your campaign. Have fun completing your campaign, because your story of why you’re so passionate about this cause will inspire your friends to be part of this awesome work in our community.
6. Then submit your profile for approval by the Urban Roots team before it becomes active and ready-to-share. Please give us 24 hours to approve (we promise we’ll do this as quickly as we can!). Then you’re ready to start rocking out and Amplifying Austin for Urban Roots!
We are so excited about having you join us tomorrow! Our Open House is Tuesday, March 21st at 6PM (ends at 7:30PM). We’ll have some treats from Hoover’s Cooking, a few words from our Youth Interns, and a farm tour.
Please spread the word and feel free to bring a friend or two with you — the more the merrier!
Here is some quick & helpful information for you. Please read this thoroughly:
✓ Dress Appropriately: Everyone MUST wear closed-toe shoes. For safety reasons, those wearing opened-toe shoes will not be allowed to participate in the farm tour (and that would be such a bummer!).
✓ Location: The Urban Roots Farm is located at 7651 Delwau Ln, Austin, TX 78725. This is just off of 183, down a winding road. Please drive carefully to respect our neighbors and bikers. We are also located right off the bike trail (please click here for a link to the map) — we highly encourage biking over!
✓ Parking: Please park on the road outside the farm gate and walk down the driveway to the farm by the Urban Roots sign. Observe all signage and park as far onto the north shoulder of the road as possible. Please do not park in front of our neighbors’ homes or walk through their yards on your way to the farm. We value and respect their privacy and ask for your help in being good neighbors.
If you have issues finding us or any questions — give us a call at 512-750-8019. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Generously Sponsored by:
Join us February 12th for Jo’s South Congress 11th Annual Chili Cook Off, with all proceeds benefiting Urban Roots! The event is free to attend, and chili-tasting wristbands are sold at the event for $20 each.
The contestants will share their culinary talent and compete for a chance to win the prized trophy chili pot and bragging rights. Some of this year’s standout participants include: Yellowbird Hot Sauce, Contigo, chef John Bullington, and Fresa’s.
Guests will enjoy chili tastings and the music of Jeff Hughes & Chaparall and The Jo’s House Band.
We hope to see you there!
We’re hiring an awesome group of teenagers to grow food for the community this spring and summer.
The deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, January 20th!