With every gift you make to Urban Roots, you are changing lives. When you invest in our youth and our farm, you are making a significant impact in the community through both!
Success isn’t about how much produce we grow – it’s about the lives transformed. And we couldn’t do it without you.
Please give today and help make our farm as resilient as the youth we serve.
Urban Roots also welcomes direct donations by mail. Please send your gift to:Urban Roots
4900 Gonzales St. Austin, TX 78702
Please call Emily Mares, Development Director, at 512-750-8019 if you have any questions about making a gift or getting involved.
Urban Roots is a 501c3 non-profit organization, and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Urban Roots Wishlist
Please consider donating something on our wishlist to support the farm and youth program. To donate, please email Emily.
- Johnny’s Seeds (help us purchase seeds and farm tools)
- Home Depot (help us purchase farm materials)
- HEB, Wheatsville, Whole Foods or another grocery store (help us purchase food for special events for the youth, like the overnight on the farm)
- BWI (help us purchase soil amendments) or Whittlesey Landscape Supplies, The Natural Gardener, and Geo Growers (help us purchase compost)
Farm Equipment & Tools:
- Belt-Drive Walk-Behind Mower: 2011 Scag Power Equipment 48″ SFW- Belt-Drive Walk-Behind Mower, $2699.99
- 10 Hand Pruners: Classic Cut Forged Bypass Pruner, $21.98 ea.
- 3 Rolls of Drip Tape: 10 mil, high flow, 12 inch, $165/roll; purchase at 1-800-SAY-RAIN
- Shade Cloth: DeWitt UV PE Knitted Shade Cloth – 90% Black, $.26 per square foot
- Cow Manure Finished Compost from Whittlesey Landscape Supplies, The Natural Gardener, or Geo Growers
- Lap-top computers, used is OK, Windows 7 or higher, OSX 10.8 or higher
- iPad or tablet (used is OK)
- Office Lamps
*Please contact us before purchasing these items, in order to confirm the specification