Urban Roots is excited to announce that our mixed vegetable shares are back this spring! Our mixed share program not only supports Urban Roots and our ongoing efforts to nourish our community, but it also creates opportunities for underserved youth to discover their power and effect real change in our shared communities. Every item included in Urban Roots’ mixed shares is lovingly grown with care by our Youth Leaders, Community Crew volunteers, and staff right here in Austin. Please consider supporting Urban Roots by purchasing a mixed share today!
Urban Roots Mixed Vegetable Share Options:
– Small Mixed Share (2 Adults) $20: The crops in a small share feed about 2 adults. You will receive 1 bunch of herbs plus 4 crops freshly picked by our farmer OR 5 units total.
– Large Mixed Share (3-4 Adults) $35: The crops in a large share feed about 3 to 4 adults. You will receive 2 bunches of herbs plus 4 to 8 crops freshly picked by our farmer OR 10 units total. Please note that when crop variety is limited you will receive 2 units of 1 crop.
– Shares contain a variety of the freshest vegetables available each week and can be purchased by the week in limited amounts.
– The final crop list will be emailed to you prior to your pickup date.
– Mixed shares are now available for purchase on the following dates. More dates will open up each week and will continue through early July: April 2nd, April 9th, April 16th, & April 23rd
Pick Up Details:
– Pickup will take place from at 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. each week at the Urban Roots Farm, located at 7651 Delwau Lane, Austin, TX 78725.
– We lovingly pack our shares according to current health and food safety standards. We ask that you wear a mask and strive for a contact free pickup. Please drive up to our farm and do not pull in. There will be someone on our driveway to greet you.