Food & Leadership Fellowship
The Food & Leadership Fellowship is a paid leadership development opportunity for young adults on the Urban Roots farm during the fall. Fellows build leadership and professional skills while growing thousands of pounds of fresh produce for the community.
- Learn about food justice in local and global food systems.
- Grow fresh produce for the community using sustainable farming practices.
- Serve by completing a project improving food access in Austin.
- Lead volunteers on the farm, building professional skills like public speaking and team management.
WHEN IS IT?
The Fellowship runs from September 8th to December 8th. Fellows work Tuesdays OR Thursdays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm AND Fridays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (8 hours per week). To participate, you must commit to the entire length of the Fellowship.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION?
- Fellows are paid a bi-weekly stipend equivalent to $10/hour, plus a $100 bonus for completing the Fellowship.
- Fellows also take home fresh vegetables when available.
WHEN ARE APPLICATIONS DUE?
- The priority deadline for submitting applications is May 12th. Some applicants will be notified of their acceptance over the summer.
- The final deadline for submitting applications is August 4th. The remaining positions for the Fellowship will be filled at this time.
- Refer a friend! If you both apply and they’re accepted, you’ll get a $30 bonus.
WHEN ARE INTERVIEWS?
Two group interviews will be held: Friday, May 19th, and Friday, August 11th. Applicants must attend one of these two interview times. Due to the nature of group interviews, no makeup interviews will be held.